7 ways to destress after work
- Move your body: exercise is a great way to reduce stress and boost your mood. Go for a walk, take a yoga or pilates class or hit the gym.
- Practice mindfulness: to help calm your mind and reduce stress find a quiet space and take a few minutes to focus on your breath. That’s all.
- Go outdoors: especially good if you’ve been stuck in an office all day. Spending time in nature helps you relax and reduce stress. Maybe a walk in the park, gardening or just sitting outside with a cuppa or book to read.
- Do something you love: engage in a hobby that you really enjoy to help you relax and shift your focus away from work. What is it that YOU love to do?
- Connection: Call a loved one. As well as uplifting them, this can also help you feel supported and connected, which in turn can reduce stress and improve your mood.
- Unplug from tech: This is a biggie – avoid checking work emails or social media after work or at the very least set some time boundaries on this.
- Cook a nutritious meal from scratch: it’s so easy to reach for the snacks and grab and go food but cooking a healthy meal with help distract you from your work day and you eat something healthy – double whammy!
Relax after a busy day at work
For an easy-to-do relaxation after work:
1. Get yourself comfy.
2. Turn your phone on do not disturb.
3. Press play on this gentle and calming 5 minute audio ⬇️
Access it here.